Five keys to releasing the power of God in your personal Bible study.
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
1. Hide the Word in our heart. A technique I loved several years ago on hiding the word. Is to Read it, Write it, Sing it, Say it, Pray it. Reading the Word is not a sprint but a marthon slow down meditate on what God is saying and hide its truth deep in your heart.
Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You.
2. Abide in and Know the Word. To abide in speaks of a place you remain in, you stay, you love and you rest. In order to go where God is calling us we must abide, live, and stay in the Word of God daily. Abiding speaks of an intimate, communion, and relationship with the Lord through the Word.
Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
3. Love the Word. Today many are deceived by the lying spirit, they have believed the lies of satan. The love of the Word not only defeats deception in our own life but helps us speak the love and truth of God to others to see them radically changed by Jesus Christ. I encourage you today to approach the Word with an open, humble heart in faith and encounter the God of love. Watch as you not only read of the love of God but begin daily experiencing, encountering and carrying the love of God to those around you.
2 Thessalonians 2:10
and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
4. Believe the Word. With faith in the Word all things all possible. Without faith we can not expect to receive anything from the Word. The Word is able to increase our faith, the Word is able to sustain, and uphold us when we face the storms of life.
Hebrews 4:2 Word mixed with faith…
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
5. Obey the Word. No comments are necessary read Matthew 7 and hear the word of our Lord and Savior on the importance and the effects of hearing and obeying the Word.
Matthew 7:24-27 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”